Pacific Link manages community housing applications through NSW Government’s Housing Pathways Program.

Housing Pathways

In NSW, all applications for housing assistance are managed through Housing Pathways. When you apply, you will go onto a single waiting list known as the NSW Housing Register.

In order to submit an application, you will need to meet general eligibility criteria for housing assistance which is available on the Housing Pathways website. 

To start a Housing Pathways application, visit and click Apply for Housing Assistance, or call 1800 422 322 if you need some help.

When you apply, you’ll be asked a series of questions to assess your situation and needs.  You will need to have certain documents ready such as your Medicare card, Centrelink numbers and drivers license so that your identity can be confirmed. It will help to speed up your application in you have this information ready.


The NSW Housing Register waiting times depends on a number of factors such as:

  • the location and size of property
  • the number of applicants looking for the same type of property in the same area
  • the number of people approved for priority housing in the same area

You can look at estimated wait times for different areas on the Department of Communities and Justice Website.

Crisis Support

Link2home is the statewide homelessness information and referral telephone service. If you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, you can call Link2home 24/7 on 1800 152 152.

The NSW Domestic Violence Helpline provides counselling and referrals to women experiencing domestic and family violence, including help accessing emergency accommodation. Free call 24/7 on 1800 65 64 63.

apply online



1800 152 152