Education SUPPORT PROGRAM
Children and adult tenants who are studying can apply for assistance to help with the cost of education, such as:
- home computer or laptop, computer software, printer
- course fees or private tutors
- text books, workbooks, study guides or stationery supplies
- specialist equipment (e.g. medical, art, music or photographic)
- other items and costs will also be considered
We also have a ‘Scholarship Outstanding Achiever Round’ to provide extended support to tertiary students. Contact our team on 4324 7617 if you are interested in applying to our SOAR Program.
“I received a new laptop which was a huge help when I enrolled in a TAFE course. Now I am studying for my Cert IV in Aged Care and am absolutely loving it! I’m really looking forward to starting my work experience.”
Sheila Astolfi (1939 – 2010)
The Sheila Astolfi Education Support Scholarship Program was established in 2010 in memory of Pacific Link Housing’s founder and Chief Executive of 20 years, Sheila Astolfi, who worked tirelessly in the local community to ensure the rights of families and equity in social housing.
Through the Education Support Program, Pacific Link Housing has awarded more than 320 scholarships to tenants to assist with their education goals.
To be eligible for funding you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a tenant / household member of a Pacific Link property for more than 3 months.
- Have all rent and non-rent payments up to date.
- Be enrolled in a nationally recognised education provider at the time of application.
- Provide evidence of enrolment in one of the above institutions upon request.
*NOTE: Meeting eligibility criteria does not guarantee that an applicant will be awarded funding. As part of the application process, applicants are ranked against the eligibility criteria, and Pacific Link awards funding to applicants who best meet the eligibility criteria and are in greatest need.
- Two rounds of the Scholarship are conducted each year – in January and June.
- Items / equipment will be purchased or fees will be paid directly to the education provider – no funds will be paid directly to applicants