HEALTH & WELLBEING Program
Tenants can apply for assistance to participate in registered sport, health, exercise or wellbeing activities within the community. The program helps to cover the cost of registration, membership fees, uniforms, equipment, workshops or other related items.
Some activity ideas include: Tennis, Football, Arts, Netball, Music, Swimming, Dancing, Soccer, Basketball, Karate, Yoga etc.
“I signed my daughter up to netball classes. It helped to pay for the registration, uniform and even some new runners! Her confidence has improved and I love to see her being active after school with new friends.”
To be eligible for the Health and Wellbeing Program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a tenant / household member of a Pacific Link property for more than 3 months.
- Have all rent and non-rent payments up to date.
- Be enrolled in a registered sport, health, exercise, wellbeing or cultural activity / program.
- Provide evidence of enrolment / registration.
*NOTE: Meeting eligibility criteria does not guarantee that an applicant will be awarded funding. As part of the application process, applicants are ranked against the eligibility criteria, and Pacific Link awards funding to applicants who best meet the eligibility criteria and are in greatest need.
To ensure funds are distributed fairly, the following guidelines apply:
- Applications can be made at any time during the year.
- Funds are to be used for sports, health, exercise and wellbeing activities.
- Funds can be used for registration fees, uniforms, classes or equipment.
- Funding can be up to $250 per applicant.
- Funds will be paid directly to the organisation / club or a gift card to purchase uniforms and equipment.
- Successful applicants will need to provide proof of costs.
- No funds will be paid directly to applicants.
NSW Government Active Kids Program
The NSW Government is also helping kids get active with the Active Kids program which provides two $100 vouchers for parents, guardians and carers of school-enrolled children to use towards sport and active recreation costs each year. Voucher 1 is valid January to December and Voucher 2 is valid July to December.
Visit the Service NSW Website to search registered activity providers and how to apply.