SPORTS HEALTH EXERCISE & WELLBEING Program (SHEW)
Pacific Link Housing’s SHEW (Sports, Health, Exercise and Wellbeing) Program is aimed at supporting the health and wellbeing of young tenants. Funds are available to children aged between 5 and 17 to promote engagement and social inclusion in a registered sport, exercise or wellness activity.
Each successful applicant will be provided with up to $250 per annum per person to cover the costs of membership fees, classes, sporting or school uniforms, cultural activities, and other activities as approved by Pacific Link.
“With SHEW funding, I signed my daughter up to netball classes. It helped to pay for the registration, uniform and even some new runners! Her confidence has improved, and I love to see her being active after school with new friends.”
If you need assistance completing this online application form, please contact the office on 4324 7617.
Eligibility Criteria*To be eligible for SHEW funding you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a tenant / household member of a Pacific Link property for more than 6 months.
- Be aged between 5 – 17 years
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Have all rent and non-rent payments up to date.
- Be enrolled in a registered sport, health, exercise, wellbeing or cultural activity / program.
- Provide evidence of enrolment / registration.
GuidelinesTo ensure funds are distributed fairly, the following guidelines apply:
- Applications can be made at any time during the year.
- Funds are to be used for sports, health, exercise and wellbeing activities.
- Funds can be used for registration fees, uniforms, classes or equipment.
- SHEW funding can be up to $250 per applicant, per annum.
- A maximum of $1,000 can received per household, per annum.
- Funds will be paid directly to the organisation / club or a gift card to purchase uniforms and equipment.
- Successful applicants will need to provide proof of costs.
- No funds will be paid directly to applicants.
NSW Government Active Kids Program
The NSW Government is also helping kids get active with the Active Kids program which provides two $100 vouchers for parents, guardians and carers of school-enrolled children to use towards sport and active recreation costs each year. Voucher 1 is valid January to December and Voucher 2 is valid July to December.
Visit the Service NSW Website to search registered activity providers and how to apply.