Learner Driver Lessons
Pacific Link’s Learner Driver Program is open to tenants of all ages who meet the eligibility criteria. Eleven free lessons can be provided to tenants who are learning to drive through our partnership with the NRMA Safer Driving School. The program teaches essential road safety skills and builds the confidence of learner drivers to help them get on the road sooner!
“The professional driving lessons were so helpful to me and the money I saved went towards buying a used car. I have more work opportunities now because I don’t have to rely on buses and trains to get there.”
To be eligible for the Learner Driver Program you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a tenant / household member of a Pacific Link property for more than 3 months.
- Have all rent and non-rent payments up to date.
- Hold a learner driver license.
*NOTE: Meeting eligibility criteria does not guarantee that an applicant will be awarded funding. As part of the application process, applicants are ranked against the eligibility criteria, and Pacific Link awards funding to applicants who best meet the eligibility criteria and are in greatest need.
To ensure funds are distributed fairly, the following guidelines apply:
- Applications can be made at any time during the year.
- Successful applicants will be provided with NRMA vouchers entitling them a 90 minute initial learner driving lesson, and ten x 1 hour driving lessons with a registered driving school.
- No funds will be paid directly to applicants.