Learner Driver Lessons
Pacific Link’s Learner Driver Program is open to tenants of all ages who meet the eligibility criteria. In partnership with the NRMA Safer Driving School, we can provide tenants with 10 free professional driving lessons.
The course teaches essential road safety skills, builds confidence of learner drivers and also provides logbook credits approved by the RMS.
“The professional driving lessons were so helpful to me and the money I saved went towards buying a used car. I have more work opportunities now because I don’t have to rely on buses and trains to get there.”
If you need assistance completing this online application form, please contact the office on 4324 7617.
To be eligible for the Learner Driver Program you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a tenant / household member of a Pacific Link property for more than 6 months.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Have all rent and non-rent payments up to date.
- Hold a learner driver license or be applying for one.
*NOTE: Meeting eligibility criteria does not guarantee that an applicant will be awarded funding. As part of the application process, applicants are ranked against the eligibility criteria, and Pacific Link awards funding to applicants who best meet the eligibility criteria and are in greatest need.
To ensure funds are distributed fairly, the following guidelines apply:
- Applications can be made at any time during the year.
- Young Drivers Program (Graduated Licence Scheme): Successful applicants will be provided with NRMA vouchers entitling them a 90 minute initial learner driving lesson, and ten x 1 hour driving lessons with a registered driving school.
- Drivers Over 25: Successful applicants will be provided with vouchers entitling them to approximately ten x 1 hour driving lessons with a registered driving school.
- No funds will be paid directly to applicants.