Pacific Link Housing is paying close attention to current concerns surrounding the Coronavirus. With that in mind, we have implemented some temporary precautionary measures which will be continually updated as information and advice is released from the NSW Government.
Our response to the pandemic is intended to keep tenants, staff and the wider community safe during these unprecedented times.
The following temporary measures are in place until further notice:
The office currently open, however we still ask that you phone to make an appointment before visiting us.
We are registered as a Covid Safe organisation by the NSW Government, so there are a few additional measures in place if you need to come to the office for any reason. These include:
- A hand sanitiser station at reception
- Perspex screens at reception
- Floor signs to ensure physical distancing is maintained
- Restricted room capacities
- Register of names, contact details and times of anyone visiting the office
- Screening questions of each visitor to ensure they do not have symptoms of COVID-19 including a cough, fever, sore throat or shortness of breath
Staff working in the office are also taking extra precautions to prevent any spread of the virus including additional cleaning of equipment, doors and workstations.
Following the NSW Government’s stay-at-home order announced on the 26 June 2021:
- The majority of PLH staff will work from home during the lockdown.
- Staff based in the office will be required to wear a mask until further notice
REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE
- Non-urgent repairs are currently paused.
- Routine inspections will be completed remotely where possible or postponed.
- BEFORE we attend your property, YOU MUST let us know if any household member has symptoms of COVID-19, has tested positive to COVID-19 or is self-isolating e.g. while waiting for test results.
TENANT ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
- Tenant activities, events and training are currently paused.
- Non-urgent transfer requests are paused.
- Continue paying rent as normal to avoid falling into arrears.
- Do not make any changes to your rent payments without talking to us first.
- If you have recently lost work due to COVID-19, please call us ASAP so we can assist..
- Following advice from the Department of Communities and Justice, Common Rooms will be closed for the use of tenants until further notice.
- This only applies to certain PLH properties, however we ask all tenants to be mindful of hygiene measures in any shared area such as entryways, foyers, lifts and outdoor seating areas.
- NSW Health Notice – From 13 July 2021, tenants must wear a face mask in common areas of your property including foyers, lifts, stairwells and corridors.
HYGIENE AND CLEANING MEASURES
- Normal cleaning of common areas and multi-tenancy properties will not change. In fact, in several properties we have arranged for more frequent cleaning of certain high-volume areas.
- PLH staff will make wellbeing phone calls to isolated tenants where possible during the lockdown period.
- Lifeline provides free counselling for PLH tenants and their families. If you are feeling extremely anxious or worried about COVID-19, please contact Lifeline and tell them you are a Pacific Link Housing tenant. (Lifeline Central Coast 02 4320 7400 / Lifeline Newcastle 02 4940 2000)
- Lifeline also have some great online tools for looking after your mental health and wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read more on Lifeline’s website.
- Government Support Payments: Information on the Government’s economic payments and assistance can be found on the Service NSW website.
- Financial Assistance: Salvos Moneycare are offering a FREE online course to help get you through these challenging times. Financial counsellors are also available over the phone and can talk through any money issues with you and help find a solution. Read more on the Salvation Army website