Pacific Link Housing is paying close attention to current community concerns surrounding the Coronavirus. With that in mind, we are putting in place a range of precautionary measures so that you, our tenant, can continue to receive a high level of service from us.
The following temporary measures are in place until further notice:
Head Office Arrangements
- The office currently open, however we still ask that you phone to make an appointment before visiting us.
- We have now been registered as a Covid Safe organisation by the NSW Government, so there are a few additional measures in place if you need to come to the office for any reason. These include:
- A hand sanitiser station at reception
- Perspex screens at reception
- Floor signs to ensure physical distancing is maintained
- Restricted room capacities
- Register of names, contact details and times of anyone visiting the office
- Screening questions of each visitor to ensure they do not have symptoms of COVID-19 including a cough, fever, sore throat or shortness of breath
- Staff working in the office are also taking extra precautions to prevent any spread of the virus including additional cleaning of equipment, doors and workstations.
Repairs and Maintenance
- Non-urgent repairs have recommenced.
- Planned maintenance activities have recommenced.
- PLH has resumed routine inspections with additional safety procedures in place. Staff will wear face masks at the request of tenants or where physical distancing cannot be achieved.
- BEFORE we attend your property, YOU MUST let us know if any household member has symptoms of COVID-19, has tested positive to COVID-19 or is self-isolating e.g. while waiting for test results.
Tenant Activities and Events
- Tenant activities, events and training are postponed.
- Non-urgent transfer requests remain paused, unless there are urgent or exceptional circumstances.
- Continue paying rent as normal to avoid falling into arrears.
- Do not make any changes to your rent payments without talking to us first.
- If you have recently lost work due to Covid-19, please call us ASAP so we can assist.
- After not conducting a rent review process in April as we would normally, the next scheduled rent review in October will proceed as normal.
- Please continue to provide your household and income details and we will maintain these on file.
- Following advice from the Department of Communities and Justice, Common Rooms will be closed for the use of tenants until further notice.
- This only applies to certain PLH properties, however we ask all tenants to be mindful of hygiene measures in any shared area such as entryways, foyers, lifts and outdoor seating areas.
- We understand these are difficult times and where tenants are having financial difficulties, PLH will not be pursuing evictions, provided you have contacted us to discuss a payment plan.
- Our policy in relation to non-rent related tenancy matters (such as property care) has not changed and where there are tenancy breaches or anti-social behaviour, we will take appropriate actions, which may include termination.
Hygiene and Cleaning Measures
- Normal cleaning of common areas and multi-tenancy properties will not change. In fact, in several properties we have arranged for more frequent cleaning of certain high-volume areas.
- PLH staff who would normally conduct routine inspections, will continue to make welfare phone calls to isolated tenants to have a friendly chat and check on their wellbeing.
PLH appreciates the support and cooperation of our tenants during this time. We will continue to update you either through SMS, email, our newsletter or this web page. We hope you stay safe and well.
Government Support Payments: Information on the Government’s economic payments can be found on the Services Australia Website
COVID Connect: The Australian Red Cross provide a free COVID Connect service which offers regular phone calls to people who are feeling socially isolated as a result of COVID-19. You can register for a call online at www.redcross.org.au
Financial Assistance: Salvos Moneycare are offering a FREE online course to help get you through these challenging times. Financial counsellors are also available over the phone and can talk through any money issues with you and help find a solution. Read more on the Salvation Army website