Pacific Link Housing is paying close attention to current community concerns surrounding the Coronavirus. With that in mind, we are putting in place a range of precautionary measures so that you, our tenant, can continue to receive a high level of service from us.
The following temporary measures are in place until further notice:
- The PLH office is open for appointments – it is best to contact us via phone or email.
- Most of our staff are now working from home – please be patient when calling our office.
Repairs and Maintenance
- Non-urgent repairs have recommenced.
- Planned maintenance activities have recommenced.
- Prioritised tenancy inspections will be conducted in accordance with COVID-19 regulations.
Tenant Activities and Events
- Tenant activities, events and training are postponed.
- Non-urgent transfer requests will be paused, unless there are urgent or exceptional circumstances.
- Continue paying rent as normal to avoid falling into arrears.
- Do not make any changes to your rent payments without talking to us first.
- If you have recently lost work due to Covid-19, please call us ASAP so we can assist.
- It is important to secure your tenancy at this uncertain time.
- PLH has decided not to proceed with the planned rent review in April.
- Please continue to provide your household and income details and we will maintain these on file.
- When a change in rent subsidy is required:
- Rent decreases will be processed immediately.
- Rent increases will not be processed at this time.
- We understand these are difficult times and where tenants are having financial difficulties, PLH will not be pursuing evictions, provided you have contacted us to discuss a payment plan.
- Our policy in relation to non-rent related tenancy matters (such as property care) has not changed and where there are tenancy breaches or anti-social behaviour, we will take appropriate actions, which may include termination.
Hygiene and Cleaning Measures
- Normal cleaning of common areas and multi-tenancy properties will not change. In fact, in several properties we have arranged for more frequent cleaning of certain high-volume areas.
- PLH staff who would normally conduct routine inspections, will continue to make welfare phone calls to isolated tenants to have a friendly chat and check on their wellbeing.
PLH appreciates the support and cooperation of our tenants during this time. We will continue to update you either through SMS, email, our newsletter or this web page. We hope you stay safe and well.
Government Support Payments
Information on the Government’s economic payments can be found on the Services Australia Website